The effects of uncertainty of objects makes a company suffer. Without prior knowledge of possible risks and ways to mitigate them, companies and organisations often incur losses. These risks could be legal risks, credit risks, risks from natural calamities, attacks from adversaries and many others. In order to have a profound understanding of these risks and identify them beforehand, the business of “risk management” comes into existence.
Risk management is simply identification, assessment and mitigation of possible risk factors, and to ascertain them, highly qualified, skilled and trained individuals are needed. In order to meet the growing need for trained professionals in the field of Risk management, we have designed this online course in Risk Management.
COURSE DURATION: 80 hours
With your advanced skills in risk management, you perform a specialized function attuned to the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex. The Risk Management course highlights your ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities. In this capacity, you enhance and protect the needs of your organization.
If you need advanced knowledge and experience in risk management, or if you are a project manager focused on project risk management, including for large projects and/or complex environments, then this program is an excellent choice for you.
We incorporate the process of ‘learning through experience’ and, more specifically, “learning through reflection on doing.” This online course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as learning through live webinar sessions and activity oriented training.
This course offers a practical guide to the world of Risk Management. Gaining distinction as a Risk Management Expert sets you apart from other professionals and brings credit to your organization. If you’re ready for greater recognition, this course will validate your expertise and help you stand out to employers, stakeholders and peers.
Syllabus - 80 hours
1. Introduction (4 hours)
2. Different types of Risks (10 hours)
3. How to assess risk (4 hours)
4. How to generally manage your risks (2 hours)
5. Product and service problems: operations and production risk (4 hours)
6. Managing operations and production risk (2 hours)
7. Managing health and safety (2 hours)
8. Procurement risk (3 hours)
9. Managing Procurement risk (2 hours)
10. Reducing environmental impact (2 hours)
11. Weather risks: staying afloat (2 hours)
12. Fire risk (2 hours)
13. Security risks (3 hours)
13. Security risks (3 hours)
14. Extremists and terrorism (2 hours)
15. Pre-empting fraud and theft (2 hours)
16. Staying financially healthy (2 hours)
17. Avoiding IT disaster (2 hours)
18. Risk in projects (2 hours)
19. Corporate governance risks (2 hours)
20. Managing Corporate governance risks (2 hours)
21. People risks and corporate ethics (2 hours)
22. Ethical risk (2 hours)
23. Strategic and marketing risk (4 hours)
24. Managing Strategic and marketing risk (2 hours)
25. Credit Risk (2 hours)
26. Managing Credit Risk (2 hours)
27. Reputational Risk (4 hours)
28. Who does what? (6 hours)